Friday, March 13, 2009

Anemones


This is a painting of Anemones done from a photo taken in Rodrica Tilley's garden. It is one of my favorites and was juried into the EMCA Regional Art Show in 2008. It is now hanging at the Glenburn Branch of People's National Bank as part of their collection. I did this painting in a workshop with Vermont Artist Robert J. O'Brien, who is a member of both the American and National Watercolor Societies and a well known and published watercolor artist. He is an excellent painter and teacher and I am grateful for his guidance and suggestions. Thanks to both Robert and Rodrica for making this painting possible. I particularly like the abstract quality of my design and the way the light reflects off of the lovely flowers, leaves and stems and sets them apart from the lush background. The impressionistic background is a perfect setting for these beauties.


No comments:

Post a Comment